This full-bodied and fruity Cabernet Sauvignon from Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery is winning the race to our taste buds as our favourite red of 2006! Barrel ageing in Hungarian and French oak for eighteen months has softened this Cabs tannins and added plenty of complexity to the wine, while still leaving a clean and dry finish. Expect aromas of cherry, black raspberry and currants. Enjoy this wine now or lay down for another 5 years. This wine will surely compliment your favourite cut of peppercorn steak or a decadent rich chocolate treat…which leads us to this…
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Combine the cocoa, flour, and baking soda, gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in white chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until puffy but still soft. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.