Don’t forget to come out this Sunday, September 28 for as we ride our bikes through the city and celebrate Windsor’s heritage on our very first City Cycle!
This is a free ride and we are inviting everyone to come out and join us! People have been asking if it’s okay to bring the kids along. Sure! This is totally a family thing. Just make sure they have helmets.
Our stops will coincide with heritage sites open to the public during Doors Open Windsor. This is a leisurely ride with friends and an opportunity to take in some great architecture within our own city.
The City Cycle will meet at Taloola Cafe at 10:30 a.m. and head to our first stop promptly at 11:00 a.m.
We’ll end our day at Gourmet Emporium for a few drinks. Ride will go from 11:00 a.m. to approximately 4:00 p.m. If you are interested in joining us on our City Cycle, reserve a spot and email me with your name.
This is a relaxed ride so the itinerary is subject to change.
A few things to keep in mind for each ride:
- Bring a bike! Very important component of a bike ride. All participants must bring their own bike to the meeting point at the designated time. It is important that you check your bike (tire pressure, etc) before you come out on the ride.
- Helmet. Safety is always at the forefront of anything we do, so please ensure that you bring a helmet with you.
- Bring a bike lock. We will be stopping at places that may or may not have bike racks and we will be leaving our bikes outside.
- Stay hydrated. You will need to stay hydrated. Bring a bottle of water to keep on hand while you ride.
- Dress appropriately. Take a quick peek at the weather before heading out to ensure you’re wearing something suitable for the type of weather expected.
- Have fun! We encourage everyone to come out, join us and have a great time!