Next week is the 22nd annual Battle of the Hors D’Oeuvres! I am soooo excited about this because not only do I get a chance to attend a fabulous event for a great cause but I’ll be helping to judge hors d’ouevres as part of the Critics Choice Award. Yay!
The 22 Annual Battle of the Hors D’oeuvres is a food competition fundraiser where all the proceeds benefit Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Windsor and Essex County and is taking place Friday, May 2.
Guests can mingle with all of the celebrity judges (that’s me!) during the wine tasting and food sampling reception that kicks off the evening. After the reception, the food competition begins and guests will be treated to 10 hors d’oeuvre-style courses created by local chefs, a dessert extravaganza, a diamond raffle, a silent auction and the sounds of the Detroit Pistons’ house band, the Sun Messengers.
Joining me on the food critic panel are:
- Ted Whipp, food writer, Windsor Star
- Mike Deibert, editor of Ontario Restaurant News
- Ahron Goldman, president, Culinary Guild of Windsor
- Danielle Piche, food blogger
- James Treadwell, sommelier and owner, Treadwell Farm-to-Table Cuisine
- Christine Cushing, celebrity chef and cookbook author (I wonder if she’ll remember me!)
Here are some of the great restaurants and wineries attending:
- Per Bacco Ristorante
- Caldwell’s Grant
- Bin 151
- Mezzo Ristorante and Lounge
- Park Terrace Riverfront Restaurant
- Aleksander Estate Winery
- Mastronardi Estate Winery
And that’s just a sampling of them. So come on out for the Battle and if you see me say hello!
Tickets are available by phone at (519) 945-6232 ext. 13 or ticket order forms may be downloaded from http://www.bigbrothersbigsisterswe.ca or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org