If you’re heading down for the big fireworks tomorrow nite here’s some info you might find helpful:
- Riverside Dr between Huron Church & Gladstone Ave closed at 6PM
- All cross streets from University Ave (north side) between Huron Church and Victoria closed at 6PM – ie: Sunset, California, Askin, Randolph….Caron, Janette, Bruce…etc
- Wyandotte between Pelissier and Aylmer closed at 6PM
- Limited handicap parking on Pitt between Ouellette & Goyeau
- Check out Tuesday’s Windsor Star (pg A2) for “Your Traffic Guide to Wednesday’s Fireworks”
Beginning at 6:00 p.m. on fireworks evening Wednesday, June 27, 2007, city buses (tunnel bus excluded) will be FREE. Shuttle buses are also free from Devonshire and Tecumseh Malls to City Hall Square. The FREE service is provided thanks to sponsor CAW-TCA, Local 444.
The park & ride service begins from the malls at approximately 6:00 p.m. and continues until approximately 9:30 p.m. The return service starts immediately after the fireworks and continues until approximately 12:15 a.m. or until all passengers in line are returned.
Biking to the Fireworks:
The Windsor Bicycling Committee is once again offering free, secure bike parking at Charles Clark Square from 6 pm to midnight on Wed, June 27th for fireworks night. Bring your own lock!
As an added feature this year, the committee is organizing a series of round trip guided rides that will take you from various locations in the city to Charles Clark and back.
The guided rides will be leaving at 7:00 pm from the following locations:
- Adstoll Arena
- Riverside Arena
- Tecumseh Mall (Goodlife Entrance)
- Devonshire Mall (Sears Tool Entrance)
*All riders will receive a free rear flasher light for the ride home courtesy of the Windsor Bicycling Committee*
Helmets are required for those under 18 years of age and strongly recommended for everyone else!
Visit Summerfest 2007 for a complete event listing. Thanks to Amanda from Parks and Rec for the above info!
Have fun and enjoy the show!