With many folks in the hospitality and tourism industry isolating themselves at home, now is the perfect time to upgrade your skillset.
Tourism HR Canada, the not-for-profit behind Emerit Tourism Training, is offering a variety of frontline, supervisory, and managerial online training modules free of charge. These modules can assist with ongoing training needs, as well as giving those whose jobs have been adversely affected by COVID-19 the opportunity to upskill or cross-train.
Their hope is this will help our workforce be as prepared as possible for the eventual resurgence of travellers exploring the amazing destinations across Canada.
Emerit Training in this free offer (in English and French) include:
- Providing Quality Service (Bundle)
- HR Toolkit (Bundle)
- Supervisor – Supervisor Essentials (Module)
- Supervisor – Workforce Management (Module)
- Line Cook – Sanitation and Safety (Module)
- Line Cook – Kitchen Operations 1 (Module)
- Line Cook – Kitchen Operations 2 (Module)
- Food & Beverage Manager – Health & Safety (Module)
- Food & Beverage Manager – Human Resource Management (Module)
- Front Desk Agent – Departmental Operations (Module)
- Front Desk Agent – Safety & Security (Module)
- Heritage Interpreter – Applying the Fundamentals of Interpretation (Module)
- Heritage Interpreter – Developing Interpretive Products (Module)
*In this moment of crisis, it is more important than ever to support the small businesses in our community. We are asking all our visitors for the smallest of favours to provide us with some resemblance of cash flow. Please click on the above advertisements in the middle of our articles. We thank you very much for your support. Stay calm, kind and positive.*