Our Drinks of Walkerville experience is expanding its offering.
Starting January 1, 2018, our award winning experience will be available for folks every Saturday and Sunday.
Named an Ontario Signature Experience, our Drinks of Walkerville tour celebrates what is unique and exceptional about Windsor, Ontario: the whisky. Tickets sell quickly at $85 per person and are available in the WindsorEats shop.
Highlights of the Drinks of Walkerville tour include:
- A tour of the largest distillery in North America – Hiram Walker & Sons – home to J.P. Wiser’s Canadian Whisky.
- A guided tasting of 4 Canadian whiskies inside the J.P. Wiser’s Brand Centre: Wiser’s Deluxe, Lot 40, Gooderham & Worts, and Pike Creek.
- A special fifth tasting directly from a whisky barrel.
- An engraved, commemorative Drinks of Walkerville bottle (750ml) of J.P. Wiser’s Deluxe Whisky.
- Stop to hear tales and take photos in front of the “Whisky Palace”, the original Canadian Club headquarters.
- Stroll through Hiram Walker’s historic company town, Walkerville, and learn about the history, the architecture and the folklore associated with Whiskytown, Canada.
- Sip on a flight of 4 craft beers at the award winning Walkerville Brewery before grabbing 12oz beer of your choice to tour the brewing facility with.
- Learn about the graffiti art that adorns The Willistead Restaurant before stepping in, pulling up to the bar and sampling a variety of craft cocktails created by their mixologist.