Two restaurants. Two chefs. Two special menus.
The Willistead Restaurant and Snackbar-B-Q are once again hosting their Chef vs. Chef competition. Here’s how it works:
The Willistead’s Head Chef, Heather Strong, will be pitted again Snackbar-B-Q’s Chef, Edinson Ramirez Gutierrez, this weekend with each putting together a special menu. This months challenge menu us one salad, two appetizers (one vegetarian) and a burger. The winning chef gets $75 plus $75 towards the charity of their choice. The winner is chosen by the feedback we get on social media under the #CHEFVSCHEF hashtag. The menu is available Friday through Sunday. Everybody wins! (Except the chef you don’t choose.)
So here are the special offerings from each chef:
Edinson Guiterrez entree chef vs Chef
- Smoked chicken tortilla soup
- Cous cous salad,
- Quinoa cakes with truffle cream and green onions
- Bison burger with crispy fried onions, jalapeno, bacon and gouda. Texas and ‘Bama sauce. Regular burger garnish
Chef Heather Strongentree
- Smoked corn and jalapeno gazpacho – corn tortillas, avocado
- Tempura Caprese – Smoked tomato, cherry bocconcini, fried basil, green goddess
- Grilled lamb lollipops – Jalapeno mint, grilled pineapple
- Blueberry bison burger – Oka, house smoked bacon, fried balsamic onions, waffle bun
Be sure to take pictures and share them on both the #ChefVSChef and #WindsorEats hashtags on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.