Still looking for something to do for New Year’s Eve?
WindsorEats wants to help you find the perfect place for a celebratory feast to ring in 2015. Hopefully this list will help you decide.
Celebrate New Years Eve in Walkerville at The Willistead. The restaurant has seatings at 5:30pm, 7:30pm and 9:30pm and will be featuring a 3-course meal and a glass of champagne for $35 per person. Reservations are recommended.
Here is a look at what is being offered:
Choice of 1 any of the appetizers:
- Small Beet salad
- Small Iceburg Salad
- Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower Fritters
- Caesar Salad
- Bison Sliders
- Lamb Lollipops
Choice of 1 Entrees
- 12oz Prime Rib
- Grilled Portabella Bowl
- Pan Fried Pickerel
- Island Chicken
- Wild Boar Meatloaf
- Vegetarian/Goat Cheese Lasagna
Desserts: These are to be determined but will usually will be a choice of 1 Creme Brulee, 1 cheese cake and one chocolate selection.
The City Grill
The gorgeous downtown restaurant, The City Grill, is offering a a 4-course prix-fixe menu, live entertainment, DJ, party favours and a champagne toast all for $75 per person.
A look at the menu:
Soup of Salad, your choice of:
- Lobster Bisque: sherry, wild rice fritter, paParmesanuille
- Winter Squash Soup: brie cheese, apple compote
- Roasted Beet Salad: horseradish Dijon dressing, goat cheese, arugula
- TCG Caesars Salad: artisan romaine, house dressing, puff croutons, smoked bacon
Appetizer, choice of:
- Crudo Scallop: brown butter, chives, micro greens, sea salt
- Beef Duet: beef and blue cheese tortellini, beef croquette, caramelized onion jus
- Bacon n Egg: candied bacon, egg yolk croquette, brioche toast, goat cheese foam
- Vegetable Rolls: vegetable spring roll and summer roll, yuzu, wasabi aioli and coconut curry dipping sauces
Main Couse, choice of:
- Espresso Rubbed Lamb Rack: sweet potato cake, baby vegetables, pan jus
- Butter Basted Pork Loin: thyme, garlic, baby carrots, Parmesan cheese
- Beef and Shrimp: 6oz. tenderloin, butter poached jumbo shrimp, mashed potato, red win demi
- Pan Seared Branzino: tomato caper buerre blanc, mixed grains, cauliflower grati, crisp skin
- Vegetarian Stack: grilled portabello, ratatouille, green beans, tomato coulis
- habanero raspberry chocolate, deconstructed tiramisu tart, cranberry cheesecake
Bull & Barrel
The only New Years Eve Hoedown in Windsor include sentry into the Bull & Barrel, a champagne toast at midnight, party favours and 15% off dinner. Cost is $26.35.
Mezzo Ristorante & Lounge
Enjoy a 4-course meal in the heart of Via Italia at Mezzo Ristorante & Lounge for $100 per person. Cost includes taxes, gratuity, party favours, a champagne toast at midnight and a live DJ.
Spinach Salad: baby spinach leaves tossed with candied almonds, blue cheese and vanilla poached bosc pears in a raspberry ginger vinaigrette
Ravioli: home made ravioli stuffed with roasted butternut squash and mutsu apple in a bacon, sun-dried tomato cream sauce
Mezzo Surf & Turf: pan seared ‘AAA’ beef tenderloin with soy stained shitake mushrooms with mash potatoes crowned with a 6oz. lobster tail.
Raspberry Cream Puff: choux pastry shell filled with raspberry Chantilly paired with white chocolate sauce.
Celebrate New Years with dinner at Lorelei’s Bistro, prepared by Chef Duncan. Enjoy a 5-course dinner an a champagne toast for $60 per person. Reservations required.
Hosting your own party or not in the mood to hear out? Order in!
There are plenty of options for great meals to be had at home including pizza from Arcata or Primo Pizza. If you’re wanting something extra special, Thyme to Go and Just Jeff’s offer pre-made meals if you plan ahead.
Wing in the new year at Rock Bottom Bar & Grill. The Sandwich Town landmark will be offering 2 for 1 wings all night and champagne at midnight.
Up for dinner and dancing at Rockefeller Lounge? The prix-fixe 3-course meal is $35 per person or $60 per couple and runs from 4:0pm to 8:00pm.
Here is a look at your menu options:
- Beef Tips with assorted purees
- Apple Bacon Scallops
- Lemon Grass Butter Poached Salmon: with garlic shallot white whine sauce and wild rice pilaf
- Black Chai Tea Smoked Duck: with scallion ginger vinaigrette and buckwheat salad
- Roasted Eggplant & Red Pepper Parm Stuffed Portabello: with black truffle polenta
- Creme Fraiche Cheesecake: with assorted purees
- Chocolate, strawberry and banana trifle
If you’re just looking for a place to go later in the evening, join the celebration from 9:00pm to 2:00am and receive complementary appetizers and champagne and a DJ for only $25.
If you want to do both, dinner & dancing package is $50 per person or $95 per couple.
In the mood for a feast? Dig in to a 5-course meal for $40 per person at Sarai Restaurant. The menu for the evening has several options to choose from. Click here to view their full New Year’s Eve menu.
Terra Cotta Gourmet Pizzeria
Great for your taste buds and easy on your wallet, Terra Cotta Gourmet Pizzeria is offering a meal for two for only $39.99 for New Year’s Eve. Enjoy an antipasto plate with foccacia, a Nero Salad for two, your choice of any Pizza Elegante, a 1/2 litre of the Terra Cotta house wine and some homemade tiramisu.
Reservations are recommended.
Enjoy a special New Year’s Eve dinner at Neros Steakhouse in Caesars Windsor. The elegant restaurant is offering a 4-course meal with seatings at 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 730pm, 9:00pm, 9:30 pm, 10:00pm and 10:30pm. Cost is $109 per person and reservations required. Gratuities and tax not included.
Your can choose one of the following items from each course:
- Braised Beef Short Rib Ravioli with Ricotta Cheese: sautéed spinach with sweet plum tomatoes, fresh micro basil
- Colossal Shrimp Cocktail: poached shrimp, cocktail sauce with Remy Martin, fresh lemon
Soup and Salad
- Neros Classic Caesar Salad: crisp romaine, candied maple pepper bacon, lemon garlic dressing, focaccia croutons, Parmesan
- Salt Roasted Golden and Red Beets Salad with Goat Cheese: micro greens salad, vanilla, pear & pumpkin seed vinaigrette
- Five Year aged Cheddar & Truffle Soup with Frosted Almond Flakes
- Grilled Ahi Tuna with Sesame Soy Drizzle: panko breaded rice cake, sugar snap peas, toasted almond
- Roast Alberta Double Cut Lamb Chop: bacon braised salsify, rosemary & thyme spatzles, crispin apple & peppermint jelly
- 8oz. AAA Ontario Beef Tenderloin Steak Fries with duck confit poutine, tender asparagus
- Atlantic Lobster Tail Duo: two broiled 6oz lobster tails, tender asparagus, potato Dauphinoise, drawn butter
- Black Truffle Linguine with artichokes, chanterelles, porteenie & oyster mushrooms, roasted garlic, extra virgin olive oil, aged Parmesan cheese
- Decadent Vahlrona Chocolate Fudge Cake with Hazelnut
- Quebec Maple Sugar Pie with Spruce Tea Ice Cream
- Fig and Date Pudding with Drunken Cherries and Wisers Spiced Whisky Anglaise
- White Chocolate & Pistachio Cheesecake
Artist Cafe & Market Buffet