There’s a great food and drink event happening on November 22, 2014 at the Fogular Furlan, so we thought we’d showcase it during our CTV Windsor Segment with Arms Bumanlag.
Get ready for the holiday season with a delightful Italian-style evening out featuring local wines and foods from local businesses of Italian heritage. Savour the tastes of a wide selection of the Fogolar Furlan’s finest culinary foods including their polenta and toppings as well as fine Italian foods of Carmen’s Catering of Leamington. Enjoy the aromas of local fine wines from Colio Estate Wines and others. Food and drink tickets are available onsite.
The Local Wine & Food Holiday Fest is a charity fundraising event for the Italian Genealogy and Heraldry Society of Canada.
To show how tasty this event will be, we brought in a chef from the Fogular Furlan to teach us how to take two traditional Italian dishes and easily combine them into one.
- boil water
- slowly add dry cornmeal while stirring (1 part cornmeal to 4 parts water)
- stir continuously for 20-25 minutes, until cornmeal becomes thicker
- while still hot, pour cooked cornmeal onto 1/2 inch thick cookie sheet and allow to cool
- dice 4 ripe tomatoes and 1 clove of garlic, and place in bowl
- add olive oil and chopped parsley, and let marinade for one hour
- cut cold polenta into 1 1/2 inch x 2 1/4 inch squares, and place in oven at 300 F for 20-25 minutes
- place cut polenta on a platter and place marinaded tomatoes on top