Tonight on our CTV Windsor segment with Arms Bumanlag, we decided to showcase a young individual who is doing good for her community. Remy has been putting together recipes using the foods that a family might get from the Mission. Her cookbooks will be placed in the food baskets at the Downtown Mission to help people make tastier meals with the foods that are given. She will also sell the cookbooks and donate all the proceeds to the Downtown Mission. The cookbook can be purchased by visiting the Alliwonga Foundation on Facebook.
- ½ cup of shredded cooked chicken or 1 can of chicken meat
- 1 can of cooked dice potatoes
- 1 can of mixed vegetables
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 frozen pie crust or 1 sheet of puff pastry dough or 10 crackers
- 1 egg or a ¼ cup of milk
- If using pie crust of puff pastry, take out of freezer and leave at room temperature for at least one hour.
- Mix all the canned ingredients together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Pie crust – gently remove it from the tin plate and place the pie crust on top of the meat mixture (don’t worry if it breaks or doesn’t fit exactly, it won’t make a difference when it cooks).
- Puff pastry – unroll it and place it on top of the pie mixture and trim the edges.
- Crackers – crush the crackers and sprinkle on top of pie mixture.