The highly anticipated Windsor Craft Beer Festival is back! New location, new brewers, new brews and….it’s gone international!
WindsorEats and Motor Craft Ales will be hosting the region’s original festival dedicated to craft beer October 16-17, 2015.
“We’ve made a number changes to the event this year” explains Adriano Ciotoli, festival organizer and co-owner of WindsorEats. “We have moved to Willistead Park in Old Walkerville and we’ve expanded this year to include breweries from across Canada, the U.S. and Scotland.”
Don’t expect to find most of the beers being served at the Windsor Craft Beer Festival at any other event. We’ve put together a new and unique lineup.
Highlights for this year:
- Detroit’s Atwater Brewery will be making its first appearance at an event in our region.
- Brewdog Brewery from Scotland will also be a first in this region for festivals.
- Rogue Brewery, from Ashland, Oregon, grow their own hops, malting barley, rye, pumpkins, honey and other ingredients for their beer, spirits, cider and sodas.
- Great Lakes Brewery, Named the Canadian Brewery of the Year at the 12th annual Canadian Brewing Awards, will be serving their award winning beers.
- The much anticipated Detroit Party Marching Band will also be making their second ever appearance in Canada at the Windsor Craft Beer Festival. A guerrilla band based in Detroit, Michigan, the band has been known to appear at events unexpectedly and have played at events such as Mardi Gras, Theater Bizarre, and the Nain Rouge parade. Its repertoire is a mix of Balkan and Balkan-inspired songs, and modern pop and R&B rearranged for brass, usually by the members themselves.
- A Tapping of the Keg and official Opening Ceremony of the Windsor Craft Beer Festival will take place on Friday, October 16, 2015 at 6:45 p.m.
“Since the festival takes place in a neighbourhood setting, ticket sales are limited,” says Ciotoli. “We always have an amazing response. There are visitors coming from Michigan, Illinois, Ohio and from across the province. This is a great boost for tourism in our region and our growing craft beer industry.”
Local breweries Walkerville Brewery, Motor Craft Ales, Craft Heads Brewing Co. and Brew will also be on site serving their craft.
Join us October 16-17 and raise a glass in celebration of Windsor and Essex County’s original festival dedicated to beer!
Tickets can be purchased at www.windsorbeerfestival.com