This week is featuring many culinary events happening throughout Windsor-Essex. Here is a list of a few of them:
SCOTCH TASTING DINNER AT THE RYEGATE
This Wednesday, September 26, 2012, enjoy a scotch tasting dinner with Canada’s premier malt whiskey appreciation society, The Quaich Society.
The RyeGate will feaure the following menu for the event:
- Forest mushroom and arugula salad
- Stuffed pork chop
- Lemon flan.
Tickets are $60 members for society members and $70 for non-members. Doors open at 6:30pm with dinner beginning at 7:00pm.
FOIA ITALIAN TASTING DINNER
On Friday, September 28, 2012, Foia Ristorante is hosting an Italian Tasting Dinner. Here is a look at the menu:
- Soup: Prosciutto puff pastry in capon broth
- Salad: Sunchoke, endive and walnut salad
- Pasta: Homemade lobster ravioli with roasted tomato brandy sauce
- Entree: Roasted local rack of pork with rosemary apple sauce and root puree
- Dessert: Homemade apple fritters and cinnamon gelato
WINE TRAIL RIDE
Take a spin on another edition of the provincial and national award winning Wine Trail Ride on Saturday, September 29, 2012. Riders will be visiting Aleksander Estate Winery, Pelee Island Winery and Black Bear Farms & Estate Winery for tastings and tours and then finish up with a long table dinner made with local products. Tickets are $50 per person and can be purchased here. Bike rentals, including our popular tandem bicycles, are also available.
MULTICULTURAL DAY AT THE MARKET
Before you head out to our Wine Trail Ride on Saturday, September 29, 2012, The Downtown Windsor Farmers’ Market will be celebrating Windsor’s diversity with a Multicultural Day. Thanks to a grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation, the market will be participating in the Canada Culture Days weekend with a packed schedule of exciting entertainment:
- 9:00am to 9:30: Bhutanese Youth Dancers from the MCC
- 9:30 to 10:00: Bharatamwin Dance Academy (Sri Lankan and Southern Indian dance)
- 10:00 to 10:30: Bavarian Club Pretzel Demo – ladies in full costume will be rolling pretzel dough, audience participation
- 10:30 to 11:00: Theresa Sims – native singing and drumming
- 11:00 to 11:30: Sartaj Flour Cooking Demo – making omelette-style pancakes with chick pea flour and roti/chapatti (flatbread) with whole grain flour
- 12:00pm to 12:30: Thai Palace Fruit Carving Demo
- 12:30 to 1:00: Ioana Aboumitri from Studio Kelani – Polynesian Dance with audience participation
Admission to the event is free and there will be lots of fresh, local food for purchase.
CULINARY GUILD OF WINDSOR FARM TO FORK
The Culinary Guild of Windsor is proud to support the efforts of our Essex County farmers and purveyors by bringing their bright, fresh flavours to you with Farm to Fork, A Culinary Tour of Windsor Essex.
Essex CThe Canadian farmlands and prairies symbolize our ideals of
The feast will take place at the Riverside Sportsman’s Club on Sunday, September 30, 2012, from 2:00pm to 6:00pm.
The $85.00 ticket includes:
- 10 tasting stations of food purveyors from Essex County
- 3 wine tastings
- Live entertainment by The Unquiet Dead and Years of Ernest