Our local wineries represented us well again this year the 17th Annual Finger Lakes International Wine Competition.
3077 wines were entered by 621 wineries from 16 countries with Essex County wineries bringing home 19 medals. How’s that for great exposure for our region! We can’t wait to visit each of these wineries this tourism season and try these wines on our Wine Trail Ride Cycling Tours.
Here is the complete list of local medal winning wines:
- Apple: Gold in Fruit Wines category
- Raspberry and Blueberry Blend: Silver in Fruit Wines category
- Bear’s Special Blend: Silver in the Fruit Wines category
- 2010 Black Currant: Bronze in the Fruit Wine category
- Peach, Blueberry and Black Currant: Bronze in the Fruit Wines category
- Goldie: Bronze in the Fruit Wine Category
- Pear and Black Currant: Bronze in the Fruit Wine category
- Peach and Plum: Bronze in the Fruit Wine category
- 2016 Gewurtraminer: Gold
- 2016 Riesling: Silver
- 2016 Pinot Grigio: Bronze
- 2016 Sauvignon Blanc: Bronze
- 2016 Gewurtraminer: Bronze
- 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve: Bronze
- 2016 Sauvignon Blanc Sparking: Bronze
- 2016 Riesling Reserve: Bronze
- 2015 Chardonnay Reserve Retro: Silver
- 2015 Lighthouse Cabernet Franc: Silver
- 2014 Pinot Noir Reserve Retro: Bronze
Congratulations to the wineries! Way to represent!