Named an Ontario Signature Experience by the province of Ontario, our tour celebrates a vibrant and colourful history along an international border that many have no knowledge of. With a resurgence of interest in the Canadian Club brand through hit television programs Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire, guests can learn all about a history of smuggling and gangsters during prohibition from a uniquely Canadian perspective.
Guests jaunt through historic Old Walkerville, the town that Canadian Club built, and learn about its architecture as well as some well known and not so well known tales and folklore associated with the neighbourhood, including its rich rum running history and visits by Al Capone. You can even touch a bullet hole purported to have been shot by Al himself.
You’ll walk through the hallways of the Canadian Club Brand Centre, home of Canadian Club whisky, which was made popular again through acclaimed television programs Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire,and be brought through the history and brewing process of Walkerville Brewery. All this before finishing off the tour discovering the street art at The Willistead Restaurant.
Guests will enjoy:
- A classic cocktail awaits your arrival to enjoy as you tour the world famous Canadian Club Heritage Centre, home of Canadian Club Whisky and then finish with a flight of two whiskies.
- Jaunt through historic Old Walkerville learning about its architecture as well as some well known and not so well known tales associated with the neighbourhood.
- Be brought through the history and brewing process of Walkerville Brewery while enjoying some brews.
- Learn about the street art behind The Willistead Restaurant before stopping in for a flight of bourbon.
- When: The Drinks of Walkerville walking tours take place on the first Saturday of each month.
- Where: The starting point is the parking lot directly across the street from the Canadian Club Brand Centre, 2072 Riverside Drive East, Windsor, ON.
- Age Restriction: Must be 19+ to participate in the tour.
- Duration: Approximately 4 hours
- Accessibility? Unfortunately, some portions of the tour are not handicap accessible.
- Refunds: Tickets are non-refundable.