Named an Ontario Signature Experience, our Drinks of Walkerville tour celebrates what is unique and exceptional about Canada’s southernmost city, including a tour inside of North America’s largest distillery.
Enjoy a hands-on tour of the Hiram Walker & Sons distillery, learn the history and brewing process of Walkerville Brewery, then finish off the tour discovering street art at The Willistead Restaurant.
Highlights of the Drinks of Walkerville tour include:
- An exclusive tour of the largest distillery in North America – Hiram Walker & Sons – home to J.P. Wiser’s Canadian Whisky.
- A guided tasting of 4 Canadian whiskies inside the J.P. Wiser’s Brand Centre: Wiser’s Deluxe, Lot 40, Gooderham & Worts, and Pike Creek.
- A special fifth tasting directly from a whisky barrel.
- An engraved, commemorative Drinks of Walkerville bottle (750ml) of J.P. Wiser’s Deluxe Whisky
- Stop to take photos in front of the “Whisky Palace”, the original Canadian Club headquarters.
- Stroll through Hiram Walker’s historic company town, Walkerville, and learn about the history, the architecture and the folklore associated with Canada’s City of Spirits
- Sip on a flight of 4 craft beers at Walkerville Brewery before grabbing 12oz beer of your choice to tour the facility with.
- Learn about the graffiti art that adorns The Willistead Restaurant before stepping in, pulling up to the bar and sampling a variety of craft cocktails created by their mixologist.
- When: The Drinks of Walkerville walking tours take place on the first Saturday of each month.
- Safety: The distillery is an active work site. Entry will not be permitted without closed-toe shoes. Do not wear heels.
- Age Restriction: Must be 19+ to participate in the tour.
- Duration: Approximately 4 hours
- Accessibility? Unfortunately, the tour is not handicap accessible and there are many, many stairs to climb.
- More Details: Detailed information regarding the tour will be sent to you the week of.
- Refunds: Tickets are non-refundable.