See for yourself why this tour was named an Ontario Signature Experience by celebrating what is unique and exceptional about the neighbourhood of Walkerville, Ontario.
Windsor has a vibrant and colourful history along an international border that many know little about. Learn all about a history of smuggling and gangsters during prohibition from a uniquely Canadian perspective.
Stroll through historic Old Walkerville, the town that Canadian Club built. Your brain gets thirsty, too, so along the way learn about the architecture and a few well known, and not so well known, tales and folklore of the neighbourhood. Heck, even Al Capone visited during the good ol’ rum running days. You can touch a bullet hole purported to have been shot by Al himself, too!
Walk through the hallways of the Canadian Club Brand Centre, home of Canadian Club whisky and learn the history and brewing process of Walkerville Brewery and discover street art at The Willistead Restaurant.
Guests will enjoy:
- A cocktail will greet you upon arrival before a tasting and tour of the world famous Canadian Club Heritage Centre and Canadian Club Whisky.
- Learn about the huge impact rumrunning had on Walkerville.
- Jaunt through historic Old Walkerville learning about its architecture as well as some well known and not so well known tales associated with the neighbourhood.
- Be brought through the history and brewing process of Walkerville Brewery while enjoying some brews.
- Learn about the graffiti art behind The Willistead Restaurant before stopping in for a flight of drinks
- When: The Drinks of Walkerville walking tours take place on the first Saturday of each month.
- Where: The starting point is the parking lot directly across the street from the Canadian Club Brand Centre, 2072 Riverside Drive East, Windsor, ON.
- Age Restriction: Must be 19+ to participate in the tour.
- Duration: Approximately 4 hours
- Accessibility? Unfortunately, some portions of the tour are not handicap accessible.
- Refunds: Tickets are non-refundable.