So New Years Eve is quickly approaching and we’ve been hearing of many a people scrambling and asking us what restaurants are doing to ring in 2013. We’ve put together a small list of what some of the dining establishments across Windsor-Essex are doing:
Foia Ristorante is ready to take your reservations for New Years Eve! The restaurant, located in Tecumseh, will be accepting reservations from 4:30 to 9:30pm and creating a special a la carte menu with their signature dishes as well as some festive specials.
They will also be ringing in the new year with DJ Mike Mele, champagne and party favours.
In addition to their dinner menu, Jack’s will be offering 3 feature dinner items which offer a sneak peek at their new winter menu starting in January:
- Rosemary Lamb Meat Load – served on a roasted root vegetable colcannon potato with gravy and onion tanglers
- Smoked Duck Rigatoni – smoked duck breast, peas, roasted beets, spinach and pinenuts tossed with rigatoni in a rich carbonara sauce
- Cranberry Glazed Lake Erie Steelhead – pan seared & baked steelhead trout served with roasted root vegetable colcannon potato, finished with pan juice and fresh herbs.
Also, since New Years Eve falls on a night Beer Club normally would have been on, they’ll be offering a special add-on beer flight available with dinner or on its own.
Chanoso’s and Oishii Sushi Bar
The popular downtown restaurants are offering a full menu with an option for a 3 course, dinner for two meal for $59.95 which includes 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 1 desert and a champagne toast. Reservations are strongly recommended as they will not be doing seatings.
Mettawas Station Mediterranean Restaurant
Mettawas Station, house in the historic old Kingsville train station building, is offering a 4 course dinner for $60 per person. The menu offered will be as follows:
Appetizer (your choice of):
- Caramelized Leek and Mushroom Soup with Parsley Dumplings
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Spinach Saladwith Walnuts and Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Pasta (your choice of):
- Pear and Pecorino Jumbo Ravioli with Hazelnut Pesto Cream Sauce
- Tagliatelle with Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce and red pepper Coulis
Main (your choice of):
- 12oz New York Strip Steak Topped With Porcini Mushroom Demi Glaze with Roasted Red skin potatoes and Broccoli Spears
- Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut with Sweet Potatoes, Rappini and Shrimp Gumbo Grilled
- Tuscan Chicken Breast with saffron risotto and baby asparagus or
- Strawberry and Pink Champagne Cheesecake
Kings Landing Restaurant
Enjoy some fantastic Greek cuisine with a lakefront view in Kingsville as Kings Landing Restaurant offer a special a special New Years Eve menu. Who knows, you might even catch a glimpse of George. Click here to see to see their New Years Eve menu. Click here to see to see their New Years Eve menu.
This Italian restaurant owned by brothers who both work in the kitchen is offering a special $40 six course New Years Eve meal:
- Fig and goat cheese bruschetta
- Fennel, roasted garlic and potato soup
- Risotto with mussels
- Beef tenderloin scallapine in a gorgonzola, mushroom cream sauce
- Chicken breast with dried cranberries, red wine grappa sauce
- Ricotta stuffed cannoli
The RyeGate Steakhouse & Lounge
Enjoy the creations of Chef Dave Cadotte for New Years Eve as The RyeGate offers a special a la carte New Years Eve menu. Doors open at 5:00pm and there will be a live jazz band from 7:00pm to 10:00pm and then Bob Gabriele from 10:00pm to 1:00am for a dinner and dancing experience. Click here to see the special New Years Eve menu.
Smoke & Spice Southern Barbeque
It will be business as usual on New Years Eve at Smoke & Spice allowing customers to come early to load up on “Que” before going to whatever parties they’ve planned on attending.
Mezzo Ristorante & Lounge
This Via Italia restaurant will be hosting a black tie, 4 course dinner event. Beginning at 8:00pm with drinks, the $100 tickets also include champagne at midnight, live music and party favours. Dinner begins at 9:00pm. First seating dinner reservations are also available.
Dine, drink and dance all under one roof as the Gourmet Emporium presents their New Years Eve Party 2013. There will be a live band, DJ, dancers, a gourmet dinner buffet, champagne toast at midnight and party favours. Cost is $50 per person plus tax and tip.
The Ottawa Street restaurant is offering a 3-course dinner for only $29 per person. The menu for the evening will be:
First Course (choice of):
- Duck Vegetable soup with spatzle
- Mixed greens with poached pear & goat cheese, with passion fruit vinaigrette
Second Course (choice of):
- Roast Prime Rib of Beef Au Jus
- Stuffed chicken breast Florentine
- Atlantic Salmon in a tarragon cream sauce
- Wiener schnitzel
- Homemade duck ravioli in a mushroom cream sauce
Mick’s is celebrating New Years Eve twice! First, the downtown Windsor restaurant is inviting you to join them after work for complimentary appetizers from 3:00pm to 5:00pm. Dinner reservations then begin from 5:00pm to 6:30pm and include a complimentary toast at 7:00pm (that’s midnight in Ireland!).
For those who are on a tight budget or looking to come and go throughout the evening, the popular Sandwich Town restaurant is offering a free New Years Eve! Their regular menu will be on hand if you’re hungry and there will also be a DJ, complimentary hors d’oeuvres, champagne at midnight and party favours.
However, not everyone will be open for New Years Eve. Here’s a list of some places who will be closed or only open limited hours: