We’ve got the perfect solution to warm yourself up this weekend from the chilly weather that has swept in: our Rye, Tequila and Beer, Oh My! walking tour!
Quickly becoming a favourite, this tour would definitely be one of Don Draper’s favourites as we start off at the Canadian Club Brand Centre as we take in the history of the building and brand before sampling the Mad Men character’s drink of choice, Canadian Club Whisky.
After learning all the about history full of famous (and infamous) characters that were big fans of the Canadian Club brand, we take a stroll through Olde Walkerville discovering it’s architecture as well as some well known and not so well known tales associated with the area.
We then will visit Walkerville Brewery and sample their beers while being walked through the facility and learning about the brewing process.
From beer we head over to tequila at Walkermole and learn about the famous Mexican drink through the restaurants selection of tequilas which are, unofficially, the largest selection in Canada. They even have one tequila, the Clase Azul Extra Anejo, that sells for $190 per ounce. If you’re good and ask nicely, they might even let you touch the bottle.
By joining our tour you’ll receive an experience and some extras that you won’t be able to have on your own
Guests will enjoy:
- A tasting and tour of Canadian Club Heritage Centre
- Tastings, snack and a tour at Walkerville Brewery
- A flight of 3 tequilas and a tour at Walkermole Restaurant.
Dates and times:
- The walking tours take place on December 1, 2012 and the first Saturday of each month.
- The starting point is the parking lot directly across the street from the Canadian Club Brand Centre, 2072 Riverside Drive East, Windsor, ON.